For a PhD student to be accepted to the affiliation program, she or he must satisfy the following:
- The student is currently an academic or industrial PhD student with an activity level of at least 80%.
- The main research topic must be in the WASP AI area, and it should fit in well with the current WASP AI projects and/or research arenas’, either by twinning (i.e. industry and academic twinning) or complementing.
- The student has completed at most 1 year of PhD studies on 1/1 2020.
- The student has a strong academic track record.
- Relevant industrial experience is favorable.
Commitment from PhD student
- The student is committed to take part in the WASP AI courses and activities.
- The student should aim to demonstrate his or her research, preferably in existing and future WASP arenas.
Commitment from the university or company of the PhD student
The university or company has full responsibility for the financing of the student including salary, office space, indirect costs, regular travel costs, and travel costs to all WASP AI courses, activities, and semester abroad.
Commitment from WASP Graduate School
If admitted, the affiliated PhD student will gain full access to the AI track of the WASP graduate school on the same terms as WASP AI PhD students except that they will have to cover their own costs. If the affiliated PhD student satisfies the requirements, he or she will get a WASP PhD Certificate/Diploma. WASP will offer possibilities for participating in courses, arenas, conferences, international trips, summer schools and other activities.
The application should contain the following:
- The CV, including transcript with grades, and the individual study plan of the student.
- A description of the commitment of the student and the collaboration with WASP
- Describe how the research relates to the WASP AI research program
- A letter of recommendation from the supervisor motivating why the student should be accepted to the program.
- A letter of recommendation from at least one WASP collaborator if the supervisor is not part of WASP.
A complete application should be sent to email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, November 22nd. The GS-AI will review the applications based on the selection criteria and make a recommendation to the WASP board who makes the final decision. Accepted students are expected to start on January 1st, 2020