The Computer Science department at Lund University, Sweden, has several open PhD positions in the area of Machine Learning and AI for Robotics.
We are looking for new members of our research group who
a) are interested in working in a dynamic research environment, and who are
b) highly committed and able to push results towards perfection.
You will be working in a large team which includes, in addition to excellent collaborators in research and collaborating companies such as PSA Peugeot Citroen Automobiles, ABB, Volvo and Electrolux.
Lund is a beautiful university town in southern Sweden with the size of Oxford, a very innovative and creative city with many startups and everything in biking distance.
We in the Lund Robotics group are mainly concerned with the development of robot skills and the related human robot communication. To enable robots to learn from humans, the robot needs advanced cognitive capabilities and learning capabilities.
For these positions, you should have
- A Masters degree in computer science or a related field such as robotics or artificial intelligence that includes a solid CS background (>=60ECTS)
- Excellent knowledge of Python, C++ and Linux and ideally Matlab
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ideally, you have hacking genes
The positions are fully funded 4-year PhD positions and are funded by the national Wallenberg Autonomous Systems and Software Programme (WASP). If desired, the position can be extended to 5 years.
- A custom-tailored curriculum to prepare you for your career
- A creative, diverse, and collaborative working environment in one of the world’s most innovative and most liveable areas [2,4]
- Integration into the WASP Graduate School , which offers regular opportunities (courses, workshops, international study trips) for learning more about autonomous systems and linking up with interdisciplinary teams
- Participation in international research conferences and for connecting with scientists and practitioners around the world
- Additional funding for equipment and travel
- A full-time salaried position as state employee with full health care benefits
- Full-time student status for purposes of union representation and other benefits (e.g., reduced ticket prices)
For further information, please contact
Volker Krüger, firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>