1-2 postdoc positions in the field of Cybersecurity in Future Networks as a Critical Infrastructure formally based at Department of Computer and Information Science at Linköping University.
As postdoc, you will principally carry out research. A certain amount of teaching may be part of your duties, up to a maximum of 20% of working hours.
AIR2 is a five-year multidisciplinary national project financed by the Wallenberg AI, Autonomous systems, and Software (WASP) whereby the postdoc will have the opportunity of collaboration with top researchers within cybersecurity, networking, AI planning, and cloud computing, within the renowned AI group at our department as well as two other universities in Sweden (KTH and Umeå University). The project will be coordinated by Professor Simin Nadjm-Tehrani at the Real-time systems Laboratory at Linköping University, and aims to understand the cybersecurity challenges in software-intensive and high-performance communication networks with an emphasis on AI-powered methods for:
- prevention of cyberthreats by anticipating and mitigating them,
- accurate detection of ongoing attacks with well-understood AI methods used for system and network monitoring,
- (partially) autonomous and explainable reaction to attacks in presence of resource trade-offs and complex potential changes over time (concept drift).
The project is financed by a second round of NEST grants within WASP.
In this context we are looking for an excellent candidate who has a strong background and can contribute to one of the following topics. Please indicate your preference among the two.
- Providing validity arguments by linking decisions and validated actions with explanations within machine learning based systems in presence of adverse scenarios.
- Integration of industrial use cases in a testbed, and creation of AI-based domain-specific simulation, emulation, and experimental studies.