Welcome to the 3rd WASP Winter Conference which will take place at Lindholmen in Gothenburg January 15-17 2019.
The purposes are to introduce new PhD students to WASP, give an update on WASP activities, and to give PhD students an opportunity to present their research in a friendly environment.
All WASP AI PhD students are expected to participate in the whole event. We also expect both academic and industrial supervisors to participate Day 1 and half of Day 2.
All WASP AS PhD students are expected to participate starting lunch Day 2 (you are also welcome to attend the company presentations before lunch). PhD students in batch 1 are expected to bring a poster presenting their research. PhD students in batch 2 are encourage to also bring posters.
All Cluster Leaders are expected to participate on the afternoon of Day 3.
All of WASP are welcome to fill out the remaining seats.
Travel in Gothenburg
Time table for Älvsnabben ferry (# 285)
- Lilla Bommen (8 min walk from train station) – Stenpiren (close to Comfort Hotel) – Lindholmspiren (close to Lindholmen Science Park) – Slottsberget – Eriksberg (close to Hotell 11) – Klippan
Time table for Älvsnabbare ferry (# 286) – this ferry is free of charge
- Stenpiren (close to Comfort Hotel) – Lindholmspiren (close to Lindholmen Science Park)
There is also bus #16 from Eriksberg to the train station (does not pass Stenpiren and Comfort Hotel) and tram lines #1 and #9 from the train station to Stenpiren.
The easiest way to buy tickets is to use the Västtrafiken app ToGo and buy your ticket through it (it is also cheaper). It is also possible to buy a card that you then can precharge with a suitable amount. This you can do at Pressbyrån and 7-Eleven, e.g. at the train station when you arrive. On most trams and the Älvsnabben ferry you can also pay directly with a credit card. However, it is not possible to buy tickets on buses.
Tuesday, January 15th
Location: Room Pascal
13.00-14.30 Introduction to AI, ML and the research in WASP AI
Wednesday, January 16th
- Perception & Learning, Interaction & Communication, AI/Math, and AI/MLX
- Large-Scale Optimization and Control and Smart Localization
- Software Engineering and Software Technology
- The free Älvsnabbare (# 286) ferry from Lindholmen to Stenpiren (Comfort Hotel) runs every 7-8 minutes until 19:00. After that one has to take the Älvsnabben (# 285) ferry that departs every 30 minutes around 18:00.
- The Älvsnabben ferry (# 285) from Stenpiren to Eriksberg (the dinner place) departs 18:06 and 18:36.
- Walking from Lindholmen to Hotell 11 takes around 30 minutes.
- Note that the Älvsnabben ferry (# 285) departs from Eriksberg to Stenpiren (Comfort Hotel) at 21:00, 22:00, and 23:00 (last departure)
Thursday, January 17th
- AI and Machine Learning
- Automate Transport Systems
- Security and Autonomous Clouds and Networks
- AI/MLX & AI and Machine Learning (Conf. Hall)
- AI/Math (Newton)
- Automate Transport Systems (Pascal)
- Autonomous Clouds and Networks (Aktiviteten – Sal 3)
- Interaction & Communication (Aktiviteten – Sal 14)
- Large-Scale Optimization and Control (Aktiviteten – Sal 8)
- Security (Aktiviteten – Sal 12)
- Smart Localization (Aktiviteten – Sal 1)
- Software Engineering and Software Technology (Kelvin)
- Perception & Learning (Aktiviteten – Sal 13)