A plan for the coming succession within the WASP program leadership has been decided. Mille Millnert, Chair of the WASP Board, will be replaced by Sara Mazur. Lars Nielsen will gradually hand over the assignment as Program Director to Anders Ynnerman.
Mille Millnert will withdraw from the assignment as Chair of the WASP Board at the end of 2019. New Chair of the WASP Board will be Sara Mazur. Lars Nielsen will gradually leave his assignment as Program Director. Anders Ynnerman is Co-Director from July 2019 and Program Director from July 2020. Both Mille Millnert and Lars Nielsen will stay within the WASP organisation as advisors until the end of 2022.
The decision has been taken by Linköping University Vice-Chancellor Helen Dannetun in consultation with Knut and Alice Wallenbergs Foundation.
– Sara Mazur and Anders Ynnerman both have extensive experience from leading positions in large and complex organisations, such as WASP. Through their new assignments, they will bring knowledge, stability and new ideas to the program, says Vice-Chancellor Helen Dannetun.
Sara Mazur and Anders Ynnerman in brief
Sara Mazur is currently Director Strategic Research at Knut and Alice Wallenberg’s Foundation and member of several boards such as Investor, Combient and Saab among others. Before joining Knut and Alice Wallenberg’s Foundation she was Vice President and Head of Research at Ericsson. Sara Mazur was one of the first persons involved in the start of the WASP program and is since the start of the program Vice Chair of the WASP Board.
Anders Ynnerman is Professor of Scientific Visualization and Director of the Norrköping Visualization Center C. Some of his former appointments are Director of the National Supercomputer Centre (NSC), Founder and Director of the Swedish National Infrastructure for Computing (SNIC) and co-founder of the Centre for Medical Image Science and Visualization (CMIV). In 2018 he was awarded the IEEE VGTC Technical Achievement Award. Like Sara Mazur, Anders Ynnerman has been one of the front figures within WASP from the start and is today part of several management groups in the program.
- Mille Millnert is Chair of the WASP Board until 2019.12.31. He stays as advisor for KAW and Sara Mazur until 2022.12.31.
- Sara Mazur is Chair of the WASP Board from 2020.01.01.
- Lars Nielsen is Director until 2020.06.30 and stays as advisor until 2022.12.31.
- Anders Ynnerman is Co-Director from 2019.07.01 and is Director from 2020.07.01.